Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Learning in Las Vegas!

In May, I gave a presentation to Lightfair International in Las Vegas on my research into LEDs and their application to the general lighting environment which I am doing as part of a PhD in design. Lightfair International is one of the largest lighting conference in the world with up to 20,000 delegates. The conference was amazing - the standard of speakers and research was intimidatingly high - a real learning experience.
What can you say about Las Vegas itself? The atmosphere was surprisingly friendly and lots of people seemed to love being there. Not really my bag but quite fascinating for a few days. However, I did feel the need to connect with some sort of nature ( real rather than man made!) and took a helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon - quite an adventure.

No comments: